The All India Society for Electronics & Computer Technology (AISECT) is a leading I.T. Training and Educational Services network of India, having over 4700 Multipurpose Information Technology Centres essentially engaged in training, servicing and info services, specially in the field of Computers and Electronics. Formed in 1984, the organisation now has its spread in 29 states of the country.
The Multipurpose I.T. Centre Model of AISECT has been accepted as a unique methodology for sustainability in rural and under developed regions and is widely followed now both by the Govt. and the Industry. It was first replicated under a joint DST-DOE All India Co-ordinated programme in ten states and since then, has spread out to 29 states.
AISECT’s work was first listed in the IIM(A) - World Bank Institute’s report in 1999 as a successful strategy and has since received the Indian Innovation Award, NASSCOM I.T. Innovation Award and Golden Icon in National e-Governance Award.
Apart from the above Network AISECT has also set up several institutions including:
- SCOPE College of Engineering
- SCOPE College of Computer Applications
- SCOPE College of Education
- National Institute of Insurance Commerce and Banking
- Dr. C. V. Raman University
AISECT has built up an online training system for imparting training of various professional and school level courses and has a content creation group, which develops contents in various Indian Languages.ORGANISATION Highlights
Spread in 29 states of India Including Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Orissa, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Gujrat, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Bihar, Haryana, Pondicherry, Manipur, Andhra Pradesh, Uttaranchal, Delhi, Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Andaman Nikobar, Nagaland, Karnataka, Tripura, Meghalaya, and Chandigarh.
- Over 4700 affiliated centres, engaged in training, servicing and information services.
- Over 1.5 Lakh Students in various AISECT courses every year.
- School level, College level, University level courses.
- Rural training cum service centres setup under the All India Co-ordinated Programme of Govt. of India.
- Women I.T. Training centres set up under All India Co-ordinated Programme of DST (GoI).
- Special Training Programmes for Women under the NORAD scheme with the support of MHRD (GoI).
- Special programmes for Training of SC/ST/OBCs in various I. T. Related areas on behalf of various Central an State Govt. Departments.
- Study Material to all its students in Hindi/ English /Regional Languages.
- National Centre for Electronics and Information Technology (NCEIT) setup with core support from DST(GoI).
- Offering Online training Programs through eGyan centres.
- Received NASSCOM I.T. Innovation Award 2006 from President, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
- Received Golden Icon in National e-Governance Award 2006.